This access statement does not
contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with
access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and
services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for The Cook
School Scotland LTD
Situated in the East Ayrshire countryside in the Moorfield Park
Industrial Estate. We are a ten minute taxi ride from Kilmarnock
town centre. We provide an ultimate cookery experience where you
will learn to develop your palate and discover what you love to
cook and eat. The Cook School is based on the 1st floor of the
building with lift access. We offer a vast rage of classes with
many different themes from Thai Street Food to American Diner
classes. If you prefer hands on cookery then our day classes are
for you, these last approximately 5 hours. If you'd prefer a more
relaxed evening then our Demo & Dine classes are perfect for
you and they last approximately 3.5 hours. If you would love to
cook but just dont have the time then our half day classes last
only 2.5 hours and would be more suited to you.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or
require any assistance please phone 01563 550008 or email
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see our
website www.cookschool.org and visit the section about
- The nearest train station is 10 minutes away. Taxis are
available at the station to bring you to the Cook School.
- The nearest bus stop is in the town centre and you will need to
get a taxi over to us.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Parking is available on site for up to about 50 cars, and we
have two clearly marked disabled spaces in front of the
- The on site car park surface is tarmac with a paved path
leading to the main entrance. The car park is well lit at night
with lighting at ground level.
- There is a drop off point at the main entrace.
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing
- The main entrance is situated on the ground floor with step
free, level access.
- The floor surface is lino
- the area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting.
- Reception is located on the first floor up a flight of
- Wheelchair access is available and reception can be accesed
from our lift at the other end of the building.
Attraction (displays, exhibits, rides
- On our ground level we have a gift shop with wheelchair access
connected to a cafe/takeaway.
- On our first floor we have our Cook School where our classes
take place. We have a large modern state of the art kitchen with
individual work stations all equipped with top of the range
- We have a dining room situated just off of the kitchen where we
can accomodate up to 20 people.
- The kitchen floor is lino flooring and our dining room has a
- Dining room is generally bright and evenly lit by spotlights on
- Kitchen are is bright and well lit with overhead strip
- We have one disabled toilet located at the main entrance to our
- On the first floor we have two sets of toilets located through
the first door and on the left at reception.
- One toilet has a horizontal rail on the side wall adjacent to
- Both lots of toilets are well lit.
- Both have modern handryers
- Our cafe is located on the ground floor next to our gift
- It has disabled acces
- Lino flooring
- Strip lights so its bright and evenly lit.
- We provide food services from 7am-4pm
- This is a mixture of pre-made and made to order food
- We have 6 tables all with comfortable seating.
- Baby changing facilities are available
- we also provide baby chairs
- Large print menu on the wall
- Crokery is provided in the form of plastics
- Our shop is located on the ground floor of the building and can
be accesed from either end of the building.
- We provide a wide variety of gifts from food items to
- Wooden floor
- Strip lights to provide even lighting across the shop
- We have several fridges that stock a variety of fresh products
- The shop is level throughout
- there is ample room within the shop for a large wheelchair
- staff can offer assistance if required
- All our staff have regular training that includes disability
- We have a set of evacuation procedures-should you require it
someone will assist you with evacuation either out of the building
or to a refuge.
- All our information brochures are available in large print
- Clear signage is used throughout
- We can offer details of any transport or accomodation near by
and details of their acces statements.
Address (Inc postcode):
7 Moorfield Park Kilmarnock Ka2 0FE
Hours Of Operation:
Local Accessible Taxi:
Local Public Transport:
Bus available from Kilmarnock Bus Station