13 July 2019
Watch the Wimbledon final in style with these delicious Strawberry Tarts with Creme Patissiere....
- 450g Plain Flour
- 150g Icing Sugar
- 225g Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Rub the butter and sugar together
- Add the egg, flour and milk, bring all the ingredients
together to a smooth paste and roll out into a 15cm round cling
film and chill for ½ hour.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 24cm 3.5 cm deep
- Bake blind at 200 c /400 f/ gas 7 until golden and
- Remove the beans, allow he base to cool slightly brush
the inside of the base with the egg yolks.
- 6 egg yolks
- 125g sugar
- 40g flour
- 500ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- Place the egg yolks and about one - third of the sugar in
a bowl and whisk until they are pale and form a light ribbon. Sift
in the flour and mix well.
- Combine the milk, the remaining sugar and the split
vanilla pod in a saucepan and bring to the boil. As soon as the
mixture bubbles, pour about one - third onto the egg
mixture, stirring all the time. Pour the mixture back into the pan
and cook over gentle heat, stirring continuously. Boil for 2
minutes, then tip the custard into a bowl. Flake a little butter
over the surface or dust lightly with icing sugar to prevent a skin
from forming as the custard cools.
- Add a little cocoa or coffee powder to the custard
instead of the vanilla to give you a chocolate or coffee -
flavoured cream. If you use cocoa, use a little less flour and add
a touch more sugar.
Napage to Glaze
- 200ml double cream
- Vanilla pods
- Icing sugar to sweeten
Add your creme pattissiere to your pastry tart, top with
sliced strawberries and finish with your glaze.