9 February 2018
This exquisite dessert provides a velvety chocolate finish to a Valentine's Day meal and is guaranteed to show that you’ve pulled out all the stops – whether you’ve got a hot date lined up or just fancy treating number one instead!
It's the lake of molten chocolate that pours out of of these
wonderfully indulgent chocolate pots that makes them so special and
best of all, there's more than enough to share.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Serves: 5 people
125g dark chocolate 70% - chopped
125g unsalted butter - diced
150g castor sugar
3 medium eggs
35g plain flour
5 x Dario moulds
- Place the chocolate in a bowl, set over, but not touching a pan
of simmering water and slowly melt. Stir occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and the sugar together until
fully combined. Sieve in the plain flour and mix well.
- Once the chocolate and butter have melted, remove from the heat
and allow to cool slightly for 2-3 minutes before pouring into the
egg mixture. Stir to fully combine.
- Spray the Dario moulds with spray wax, ¾ fill the moulds with
the finished mixture and allow to rest at room temperature for
10-15 minutes. The moulds can be covered and stored in the fridge
for 2-3 days, or frozen for 2 months before baking.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 190c and cook for 12 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 1 minute before